Do you have a location?
We bring the party to you. Our role is to coordinate your event at a place of your choosing. We do have a list of popular venues we can recommend should you choose to host your party outside of your home. Travel to parties on the peninsula and North Carolina will incur an additional travel fee.
Do you offer custom party themes?
Absolutely! We want your child to have the party of their dreams and we always love an opportunity to show our creative flair. We will work with you to come up with a theme or creative ideas to make your party the celebration of a lifetime. All customization is done on a per-quote basis.
How do I book my party?
You can request a party date by calling (757) 871-WISH or by email. You will be notified as soon as possible regarding the availability of your party theme and date. Your party date is tentative until contract and a 50%, nonrefundable deposit are received. The remaining balance is due in-full no later than two days prior to your party.
We recommend booking your party 4 – 6 weeks in advance. All events booked with less than 2 weeks’ notice will be subject to a $25 rush fee.
What is the minimum / maximum number of guests I can invite?
Each celebration is designed for 8 guests, including the guest of honor. If you have additional guests you would like to invite, don’t worry – the more the merrier! We have different party package rates based on your guest count. We have our packages set-up this way to accommodate the additional party hostesses we bring with higher guest lists. This is to ensure we host the best party possible! Please be sure to include siblings in the final guest count if they will be participating. If you are concerned about age-appropriate party activities for younger children, please contact us for recommendations.
When do you need the final RSVP count?
We will need a final head count 5 days in advance to your party date. If fewer than 8 children attend, the party package price still applies. Please remember we plan our materials and supplies according to the final guest count provided 5 days in advance. If additional children show up who were not included in your final headcount, we will do our best to accommodate them.
What if I need to reschedule or cancel?
In the event you have to cancel, The Whimsical Wish will gladly make every effort to reschedule another available party date. If you must cancel your party for any reason, your initial deposit is nonrefundable. Should you need to reschedule your event for any reason, we ask for a minimum of two weeks’ notice. We will gladly work with you to reschedule your party for an alternate date. Please be advised, if new invitations, food or beverages are needed, there will be an additional charge.
What forms of payment are accepted?
For your convenience, we accept VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Cash or Check. A 10% travel and administrative fee along with applicable sales tax will be added to your final invoice. Travel to the Peninsula and North Carolina will incur an additional fee. If you wish to provide gratuity to your party hostess or performer, please give to the hostess or performer at the end of the party or visit. We are unable to include gratuity on the invoice.
How much time is reserved for my party?
We reserve 2 hours for each party. A party may conclude earlier based on several factors – party theme, age of children, guest count and guest participation.
All parties will begin promptly on time since all activities are carefully scheduled. Any child arriving late may join the activities at the point they have progressed to ensure the least amount of disruption to the party. Your understanding is appreciated.
What should the children wear?
Our party themes have dress up costumes that are kept clean and in excellent condition. For girls’ parties, typically costumes work best over a leotard. For boys, most costumes will work well over T-shirts and shorts or jeans.
What do I need to do to prepare for my child’s event?
- Please keep any pets clear of the party area.
- Allow ample space in the driveway or in front of the house to unload. We will be carrying many heavy items to create a magical event.
- Please provide a smoke-free environment.
- Be mindful that we will need two hours of uninterrupted set-up time prior to the event. We appreciate your redirecting all children and guests away from the set-up area during this time.
- Breakdown of your event will begin at the end time stated on your invitation and will take approximately 45 minutes.
- If you wish to continue your event after services are complete, we request that you move your guests to a separate area while we clean up.
- Please attend to any children who do not want to participate, misbehave or become ill.
- Provide a gathering place for parents of the guests who wish to stay.
- It’s very important that you inquire if any of your guests have food allergies prior to the party. If a guest has food allergies, we recommend the child’s parent provide an alternative treat for their child. The Whimsical Wish is not responsible for allergic reactions or any other medical reaction stemming from the menu, wearing of costumes or any activity taking place before, during or after the party.
The Whimsical Wish events and services are not orchestrated by licensed cosmetologists. Our events and services are meant for entertainment purposes only.